Walrus Mace, «Eskimos of Alaska» Decorative arm
52 cm long, d.5,5 cm
Walrus bone | leather tassel
available in Dubai
Unique Collectible: Walrus Mace, «Eskimos of Alaska» Decorative Arm
Embrace the Spirit of Northern Warriors:
Discover the exquisite craftsmanship and historical significance of the «Eskimos of Alaska» Walrus Mace. This decorative arm pays homage to the Chukchi soldiers of the 18th century, showcasing intricate details, symbolic signs, and a connection to the life and culture of Eskimos.
- Historical Significance:
- The mace is inspired by the weapons used by Chukchi soldiers in the 18th century during encounters with various tribes, including Koryaks, Kamchadals, Yakuts, and Eskimos of Alaska.
- It represents a formidable weapon that was skillfully wielded by warriors.
- Material and Design:
- The mace is crafted from a walrus penis bone, showcasing the resourcefulness of the Chukchi people in utilizing natural materials.
- The body of the mace is adorned with symbolic signs and ornaments, typically featuring northern animals.
- Symbolic Decorations:
- The mace is adorned with symbolic decorations depicting a sled of huskies and life scenes of Eskimos, providing a glimpse into their daily lives and culture.
- The end of the mace is shaped like a walrus’s head, adding a unique and symbolic touch.
- Skilled Craftsmanship:
- Skilled artisans have meticulously carved and decorated the walrus mace, capturing the essence of the historical weapon with attention to detail.
- Exclusive Collectible:
- This walrus mace is not only a decorative arm but also an exclusive collectible that reflects the cultural heritage of the Chukchi people.
- Its uniqueness lies in the combination of historical significance, craftsmanship, and symbolic representation.
- Artistic Expression:
- The mace serves as an artistic expression of the Chukchi warrior’s connection to nature, animals, and their way of life.
- The intricate carvings showcase the artistic skills passed down through generations.
- Display of Strength:
- In the hands of a skilled warrior, the mace was a symbol of strength and a formidable weapon, making it a representation of the warrior’s prowess in battle.
Own a Piece of Cultural Heritage:
Bring the spirit of Northern warriors into your collection with the «Eskimos of Alaska» Walrus Mace. This unique and exclusive decorative arm is not just a historical artifact but a testament to the rich cultural heritage of the Chukchi people.
Immerse yourself in the artistry and history of this unique walrus mace—an extraordinary addition to any collector’s showcase.
Brought to you by
Need more details?
Thank you for your interest. Please fill out the below form, and our specialist will follow up with you shortly.
Thank you for your interest
We will be in touch shortly
We will never pass your personal information to anyone outside of Artefactum Gallery for their own marketing purposes without your consent. For more information about how we processes your data, please click here to read our Privacy Notice.
Brought to you by